Inexpensive point-to-point solution needed

snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I didn't say anything morally unacceptable, so It must be immature at this stage of disbute to call for attack. Jeff have shown pretty convicing signs that he knows I'm right. His information is a load of inaccurate garbage nobody can use. He knows it so well he doesn't dare to point to three elements in his articles that he is convinced are correct and adequate. He wants to hide it whough, by his rant about not believing such a conversation would be meaningful, but he is not only wrong, but dead wrong. It's exactly such a conversation that will be meaningful and if his idea is to provide useful information about wireless, he cannot get around such a quality conrol. But no, don't ya question neither him nor his motives. An atoll like me can smell a whippersnapper at 2^16 K miles range.

Reply to
Chrisjoy
Loading thread data ...

No wonder there is alot of confuse.

No.

Not all are bridging when context is a P2P. Read all posts before another reply. This has already been covered.

Reply to
Chrisjoy

A couple of guys in a pickup truck were dogging a crew laying cable nearby and after dark proceeded to unearth three hundred feet of fiber; they must have been surprised when the scrap yard probably rejected it.

Michael

Reply to
msg

Please try to walk in the other person's moccasins from time to time; not everyone works in the large (and more prosperous) U.S. metro areas. Some of us still are constrained by other economic realities and work in regions struggling to avoid collapse.

Michael

Reply to
msg

On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 12:22:30 -0600, msg wrote in :

Fair enough, and guilty as charged -- I was only speaking of the greater San Francisco Bay Area. [blush]

Reply to
John Navas

Only 300ft? I told them to grab the whole roll off the truck.

It's really hard to get technically qualified help these days.

I'm slightly entangled with the local recycler:

Basically, the scrap business is barely profitable as China is not buying much these days. Buyers are paying less than 10% of what they were paying a year ago. The only items in demand are precious or scarce metals (i.e. gold, silver, solder, copper, etc) which basically means circuit boards. Nobody wants plastic or difficult to handle waste, such as TV's. The only reason that they take monitors is that Calif subsidizes the handling with money from the "monitor tax". I literally cry over what gets donated and trashed. The store does its best to resell some of the good stuff, but the demand for repairable items is rather limited. The box of fiber patch cables came from there. Nobody wanted it (or even knew what it was).

These are old (2005), but offer something to think about:

I have photos of the current operation, but I was asked not to post them.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.