I need help getting wifi internet on my laptop

Hi,I'm currently unemployed ans so can't afford an internet connection. But on myl aptop I can see many wi-fi connections (I'm in east london,England). However none of these connections will allow me to surf the web,even though my USB stick says that the connections are of a high strength and quality. I'm guessing they might be encrypted. Anyone tell me how I can get around this encryption? Thanks a lot to anyone who can help me out and bye.

Reply to
zaman.2756
Loading thread data ...

Scrounge a tent.............find a local hot spot.........pitch your tent.

Reply to
The Brass Turner

"contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

Results 1 - 10 of about 3,960,000 for crack wifi. (0.17 seconds)

On the other hand, if you even have to ask such question, you wouldn't comprehend the given results.

Reply to
John Holmes

Being unemployed is not an excuse to STEAL.

Google for "+wifi +hotspots" to find out sites that list them and where they are in your area.

Reply to
VanguardLH

try sniffing with wireshark? nmap comes to mind to tell more detials... a dictionary attack works on WPA security, IIRC. Or do wot everyone else tells ya: find a wifi hotspot and buy one cup of joe and drink reeeeeeeeal slowly. HTH HAND

-- "I believe there are more instances of the abridgement of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments by those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations.... The means of defense against foreign danger historically have become the instruments of tyranny at home."

-James Madison

Reply to
§ñühw¤

Your local library probably has a free Wifi 'hotspot'. Take your laptop and Wifi gadget there and ask. That will also get you out of the house, which is good for you if you really are Depressed (I know motivation is a problem - but you seem to have enough motivation to post your question, so use that to get you out!).

Coffee shops, cafés, restaurants, pubs, and fast-food joints, sometimes have free Wifi hotspots for their customers.

Alternatively, make friends with your neighbours, find out who has a Wireless router that you can detect at home, and ask them if they'd give you a (or the) password to use their router (you might have to give them the unique 'mac number' of your Wifi card or dongle so that they can add it to their list of permitted users). If they are really savvy about such things they may even be able to enforce a time-slot during which you are allowed to use their internet connection, so that your usage doesn't impinge on things they want to use their bandwidth for. They may even be able to log your usage and charge for it :))

Reply to
Whiskers

If "steal" is something unwanted, and if it's to steal when surfing others AP's, it must also be to steal when bombarding your neighbours with 2.45Ghz rays lifting their noice floor, unless you have defined "steal" in an inconsistent way.

Reply to
Chrisjoy

Ahh..the two wrongs make a right argument. You're parents were worthless

Reply to
Lookout

No, this is not the classic -two wrongs makes one right- clich=E9. If it's not wrong to spread rays, it cannot be wrong to use these rays in any way one likes, on ones own ground. On the other hand, If it's wrong to spread rays, there is nothing more to talk about. Thus, no two wrongs makes one right in this.

The same for your brain when it comes to think reason.

Reply to
Chrisjoy

Howdy,

Would this be analogous?

You own an automobile. I can hear it when you drive to your home in the evening, and because those sound waves reach my ears, I can use the car when I wish.

That makes sense to me. (Does it to you?)

All the best,

Reply to
Kenneth

With the car I would say anytime the light waves reflected off it reach my eyes, it is mine to use as I see fit. Works for me. (At least with YOUR car).

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

Sorry...

For automobiles, the sound wave standard is appropriate.

The light wave standard is only to be used for musical instruments such as guitars.

Thanks,

Reply to
Kenneth

Thanks for confirming that your parents were idiots who raised an idiot.

Reply to
Lookout

There is wep wpa and wpa2 and just plain wireless.

Reply to
squirlchatr

When you grow up, get a job, and accumulate your own property, you'll understand what "steal" means.

Reply to
VanguardLH

By then his "noice floor" will have collapsed from all those "2.45Ghz rays" that his "neighbours" have been bombarding him with.

Reply to
Warren Oates

Ask Obama for hand out.

Reply to
d_musicant

"Lookout" the Mogoloid Troll is:

John Johnson

921 Steward St Weaver, AL 36277

819 ROCK RIDGE RD WEAVER, AL 36277

(256)-820-5563 (256) 820-7862 (256) 820-6966

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net snipped-for-privacy@cableone.net "Lookout" the Mogoloid Troll is:

John Johnson

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net snipped-for-privacy@cableone.net "Lookout" the Mogoloid Troll is:

John Johnson

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net snipped-for-privacy@cableone.net

Reply to
d_musicant

So what you want is help from this group to steal someone else's bandwidth. Unemployed? Can't afford your own connection? get a job ya bludger. Guess why they are encrypted...? To stop bludgers connecting to them.

Reply to
Tony in Oz

rote:

Sorry for my great delay in replying to your posts. I found some of the replies hilarious. But I still don't have any internet and worse still don't have a tv or radio. Isn't that against some kind of Human rights convention,not having tv,net or radio? Please if someone can tell me in plain,simpleton terms how to get wifi,I'd be very grateful.(isn't there any freeware program I can download at Mcdonalds onto my laptop which automatically cracks the wifi signals?)

Reply to
zaman.2756

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.