Linksys Routers showing open UDP ports???

I have two offices using the same Linksys router, and both are showing open UDP ports when doing a port scan from outside using AATools port scan module. The router is the Linksys BEFSX41. I have a few open TCP ports that I manually configured in port forwarding, but the UDP ports I see open are a mystery to me. The following UDP ports show open when using AATools, 389, 6838, 9325, 10067, 10167, 10666, 12623, 18753,

20433, 26274, 27444, 31789, 31791, 34555, 35555, & 47262. I am under the assumption that only the ports that I forward are the only ports I should see open, so I have to assume that the router/firewall is not doing it's job properly. I understand that if a program opens the ports for data to come back in, it will show these ports as open, but I can't find anything running on the local PCs that would be opening these ports. I also assumed that the firewall in these Linksys devices are suppose to block everything and only allow what you forward. Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Frank Clyde Development Corp.

Reply to
Frank [GOD]
Loading thread data ...

What exactly is this AATools thing doing? UDP scanning has it's pitfalls, see:

formatting link
Perhaps AATools is showing wrong information here.

Yours, VB.

Reply to
Volker Birk

It would be interesting to see if that software is lying to you by using something like Wallatcher for the BEF model router and review the syslogs to see if the traffic is being blocked.

formatting link
The I-RED means blocked. You can use the Help menu to determine the code meanings.

Duane :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

Is UPnP enabled? E.

Reply to
E.

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.