How to enter Dlink DI-624 without pass..problem!

Hello: I've a problem, when I'm connecting to Internet (wireless) in my University I can't download programs from P2P networks...I try to access to the Router Configuration Page (It's a Dlink DI-624 router) to open the ports, but ask me for an user and a password...I don't know the user and pass, are they any way to discover (or hack to enter) the password?

Thanks

Sir X-Pi

Reply to
X-Pi
Loading thread data ...

If the administrator did not change the password try the ADMIN in the username or/and password

then active the PNP option in the dlink and program your P2p to use PNP

Reply to
midjet

UPnP

Q
Reply to
Quaoar

I would suugesy going the dlink site and entering Dlink DI-624 router in the search area. Goto the manual on the router and it will tell you the way to access the control panel.

Reply to
Eugene J. Maes

The factory default user name is admin with blank password. The DI-624 also offers a second user name, default is username (clever, eh?) and blank password.

If those don't work, somebody has changed a password. You can restore the factory settings (ALL of the factory settings) by pressing the reset button on the back of the router.

Reply to
Roby

I forget to said an important things...I don't have physical access to the Router

Reply to
X-Pi

"X-Pi" wrote in news:1148653904.555821.267530 @y43g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

It is apparently not YOUR router..... "I've a problem, when I'm connecting to Internet (wireless) in my University I can't...."

Since it's a University, I SERIOUSLY doubt that any port blocking is done at the access point....it's most likely only that....an access point.

The ports are probably blocked more down-stream at the 'real' router, a Cisco or like.

Do you know why they are blocked ? One reason is to try to stop music/software/movie sharing. The other reason is that ONE P2P application running on a wireless network can pretty easily suck up all the bandwidth the wireless provides.

Reply to
DanS

What a surprise.

From the start, this sounded like a case of "How can I hack one of my school's routers?" :)

Reply to
emtech

Then you can try the default passwords, you can try to guess, social-engineer, or brute-force the password, or you can give it up.

[Even if you do get into it and open up the ports you want, your school may very well expel you for tampering with their private property. It ain't yours, don't fiddle with it.]
Reply to
William P.N. Smith

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.