Wireless in my B & B... without P2P hassle

Hello all, I run a B & B, and I thought it would be good to offer free wireless internet for my clients. I got ADSL and bought a Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router. My problem is, I don't want to get sued if one of them uses P2P over my network. I guess there is some legal way to do this, setting myself as an ISP with limited responsibility over what the clients do, but the fact of the matter is that "easy legal defense" is still too much potential legal hassle, so I thought I could look for a technical way to do it. I could encrypt it, I know how to do it, but the thing is I can foresee the countless hours I'll have to spend trying to configure each and everyone's laptop when they don't know how to enter the username and password... Is there any way I can monitor and/or block programs like Kazaa and Bittorrent from being used through my router? Or at least have some measure of identification over what computer is using them? Many of my clients are foreigners, in many cases I think I could guess through their language settings...

Thanks in advance

P.S.: If this is any help, my router is a US Robotics 9106

Reply to
GreenBarnBB
Loading thread data ...

Captive portal.

formatting link
Cheers, Eric

Reply to
Eric

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.