How to connect 2 wireless networks?

I have a D-Link DI-624 as the router for my broadband internet service. There are several computers connected to it on it's network.

In my room I have my xbox with xbmc running on it with a long cable connecting it to my router. I would like to create another network in my room that connects to my router wirelessly where I can share files and access the internet as well as connect other computers in my room to the network. In other words, I do not want to have a wire connecting the network in my room to the internet router. How do I create this?

I have spare wireless routers at my disposal, but I'm not sure how to bridge a wireless network together. I have: netgear mr814v2 and a linksys befw11s4 vs2 wireless access point + cable/dsl router.

Reply to
tofu.captain
Loading thread data ...

to add to what i've posted, i would like the network in my room to pick up the wireless signal from the internet router and split that connection as a network in my room for my xbox and other computers i would like to add.

bottom line, no cables coming to or from my room, but all computers should be able to share files, access internet.

Reply to
tofu.captain

On 5 Nov 2006 08:18:32 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in :

You need a wireless Ethernet (client) bridge. Some wireless routers can be put into that mode, but many cannot. See wikis below for more info.

Reply to
John Navas

You'll want a wireless bridge.

formatting link

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Christopher M. Hutchison, CEO NetSteady Communications, Ltd.

Phone: 614-255-5575 Mobile: 614-853-0091 Skype: wifi_chris

formatting link

Reply to
NetSteady

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.