High speed redundant directional Wifi

Hiya folks.

I have a buddy that has 2 buildings on the opposite side of the street from eachother. I want to find a way to have his servers in building A, and his workstations in building B. I would like to have a multi- channel wireless solution across the street as the "city" where he is in, will charge stupid amounts of money for him to run a cable over or under the street. It's a small town, so they have no clue how to charge for this, nor do they realize it will help them do business. Until we find a way of getting actual cable across the street, I want to find a comparable wireless solution.

Are there any multiple-device, high speed solutions that have directional favourtism? Optimally I would like to have a 3 channel bridge over the road. I will deal with costs of professional equipment later on, but the network just has to be super fast. I'm just looking for options at the moment.

Cheers

Reply to
BeeRich
Loading thread data ...

formatting link
formatting link
formatting link

Reply to
LR

Pair of Ligowave Plus units. About $260 each. Add the cost for a pair of patch panel antennas.

Reply to
DTC

Hi, You might want to indicate what speeds are you looking at? For some people 5 mbps is a lot and for others 1 gig is fast. your descision on the products will depend on the goals. In addition to setting up multiple point-to-point links, you might want to consider how you will achieve link aggregation. Simplest way is to setup 3 pairs of 802.11a radios terminated at a link aggregator/loadbalancer at each end. Look at

formatting link
for some really exotic stuff.

Regards, Shiv

Reply to
outbackwifi

Hi folks. Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately he has no more need for it as he's rented one building out.

Cheers

Reply to
BeeRich

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.