Hi.. setting up wireless ISP

Hi

iam new to this Wireless iam working for an ISP

iam trying to deploy Wireless ISP using point to multipoint for the last mile

does any one have any free guides to learn

what is the best product to use what is others also deploying.. interfearance problems

hari

Reply to
hari
Loading thread data ...

formatting link
There are several 802.16 systems on the air and delivering service. The problem is that they use the current 2.4 and 5.6GHz bands which poses an unsolvable interference and coordination problem. You can buy 802.16 hardware today from NextNet, but only in the crowded 2.4 and 5.6Ghz bands in the US. That's what ClearWire is doing.
formatting link
formatting link
NextNet web pile seems to be down.

There's also Speakeasy which is running some kind of test in Seattle. I think they're using Aperto hardware:

formatting link
formatting link
TowerStream:
formatting link
usin Aperto boxes.

The lack of coordinated frequencies doesn't seem to be an issue with the FCC, which will surely devote all its energy into undoing everything that Michael Powell perpetrated before a new chairperson is appointed. I don't see 802.16 frequencies on the agenda, but may have missed something as I don't dig into the fine print.

Given dedicated frequencies, 802.16 stands to revolutionize the last mile and deliver of datacomm services. I'm sure the existing telcos and wire carriers are thrilled with the potential competition. Without dedicated frequencies, it's just another 2.4/5.6Ghz WISP service.

For a tolerable mailing for WISP's, see:

formatting link

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

hari snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (hari) wrote in news:b38cf70.0502070421.7bac8711 @posting.google.com:

ever look at alvarion equipment....very very nice!!!

connected over 8 miles away at my 2 locations

smowk

Reply to
Smowk

And think that the year 2006 is when it's supposed to come out. There's pre-802.16 available, but no way of knowing if it will be compliant.

Reply to
Rôgêr

think 802.16 if you don't know what it is, do a google search

Reply to
f/fgeorge

At least one likes the idea:

formatting link

Reply to
Rôgêr

formatting link
formatting link
Also, suggest you purchase WIRELESS HACKS and the ARRL ANTENNA BOOK.

Reply to
no.one

That's because Sprint has a preferential claim on the FCC license when issued because they were forced to relinquish the MMDS frequencies and licenses by pressure on the FCC from other telcos. In exchange, they get first grabs on whatever new technology is suppose to replace MMDS. It was suppose to be 3G licenses, but could easily be transfered to

802.16 if desireable or necessary.

formatting link
is science fiction and ION is dead. If they go for 802.16 WiMax, they'll probably move their MMDS customers over to it.

Incidentally, you might enjoy this list of DSL/cable alternatives:

formatting link
created the list in 1999 and stopped updating it in 2001. Very few of the great "last mile" companies and ideas are still in business.

Oops. There is hope. Another grand idea is raised from the dead.

formatting link
formatting link
put the wireless repeater in a high flying blimp for instant coverage.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.