Constantly Having to Repair Connection

Every time I restart my PC I have to Repair the Connection before I can see the network. Ipconfig /all shows all OK, but maybe something funny in ARP or NetBIOS cache? Using Belkin F5D7230 in Access Point mode only. This is connected to D-Link DI-804 which is DHCP server and gateway router/firewall. All have latest firmware. PC is WinXP Pro SP2 using Belkin F5D7010 NIC. Signal is always "Excellent". Any ideas, anyone?

Reply to
Bill
Loading thread data ...

On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 06:09:59 GMT, Bill spoketh

Set a static IP address and see if that helps.

Lars M. Hansen

formatting link
'badnews' with 'news' in e-mail address)

Reply to
Lars M. Hansen

Reply to
Bill

What would happen if you took the DI-804 out of the equation? Use the F5D7230 as a wireless router and see if you stil have to repair your network connection up booting. By the way, is Windows controlling your wireless connection? If you have encryption enabled, disable it and see if that solves your problem. If it does, try enabling encryption again, but use a simple passphrase at first. If all is well, enter a longer nonsense passphrase and see what happens.

Reply to
Doug Jamal

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.