HE102 flashing power light

I have recently purchased a Netgear HE102 802.11a WAP. I first got it and fired it up and went to reset to factory defaults via the reset button. When it came back, the power light stayed on for about 15 seconds and then started blinking.

I spent about an hour trying to reset back to factory defaults again and I also spent about 30 minutes with phone support trying to figure it out. Support had no idea and told me to return it for a new one. According to the manual, flashing power light means that the self-test has failed.

I tried hooking up my laptop to the console port on the back but didn't see anything. It's also not really possible for me to easily return this so I'm hoping there is something I can do or try to bring this back to life again. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Reply to
spacecucumber
Loading thread data ...

"flashing power light means that the self-test has failed." "told me to return it for a new one"

er, unless you happen to have the skills, parts and tools onhand I think you're kinda screwed.

"It's also not really possible for me to easily return this"

It was easy enough to buy it right? Just take it back to the place of purchase.

Best Paul.

Reply to
PeeCee

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.