File Transfer on Wireless

Hi

I have a D-Link DI-524 router and my problem is I can't make any good file transfer to another machine I can only transfer small files but not big files (eg. 15+ Mb) I noticed speed seems to change constantly and then drops and gives up the transfer. Accessing the net with other machine works fine its just file transfer is the problem. The router is placed on the wall that's best reception I get so far. Is there any way to fix this so I can transfer big files (eg. 50+ Mb)? Do I need to buy a faster router or get a bigger antenna?

Sal

Reply to
SagaX
Loading thread data ...

Well, leaving aside the (#define Duh-Link Junk) observation, you've either got some interference or some other problems, but you'll certainly find that wired Ethernet will work much better. If that's at all a solution, I'd reccomend it.

Reply to
William P.N. Smith

I had this problem some years ago with some cheapo Netgear ME102's. Replacing them with Cisco 350's at the time fixed the problem.

I don't know whether it was heat overload on the processor or some related component or perhaps a buffer overflow but either way, it was pretty reproducable and fixable by changing hardware.

David.

Reply to
David Taylor
[POSTED TO alt.internet.wireless - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

Make sure you have the latest firmware in the DI-524.

Reply to
John Navas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.