Extending an antenna?

Can anyone help me out? A friend across the road wants to hook up to my wireless network he has his computer in a room facing my house but it is on the back wall in his fitted wardrobe, if we pull the PC out we get a low signial and we can connect to the web. What I am after doing is getting a cable extender so we can put the antenna on the window ledge, as when I put my laptop by the window I get a full signial. Can anyone tell me the best way to go about this? As the reading I have done on the net about this tells me as you extend the cable you lose signal, I need to extend the cable by about 3 metres. And no he cannot move his PC.

Thanks

Reply to
Biker
Loading thread data ...

I'll assume that he has a PCI wireless card in his computah with an R-SMA connector and that across the road is about 5 cubits in distance.

Maybe one of these will work. I think the cable is 3 meters long.

formatting link
bigger antennas and pigtails, see:
formatting link
(see panel antennas).

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

I might have a very slightly used antenna system that might work. If interested, send me e-mail

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
Elwood

Thanks for you help I have bought 4 metres of RG223 cable and a couple of connecters I am going to make up a cable, I will let you know how I get on.

Reply to
Biker

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.