Engenius outdoor gear

I have searched through this group and suprisingly have not found a lot of discussion about these products. Just about all of the posts dealt with the PCMCIA or USB gear, NOT the outdoor AP's.

The reason I ask is because the company I work for will possibly be setting up as a distributor and I was just looking for some input.

TIA, DanS

Reply to
DanS
Loading thread data ...

On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 07:22:51 -0500, DanS wrote in :

I believe the Engenius gear is rebadged SENAO .

Reply to
John Navas

Danger, Danger, Will Robinson...

Check out the threads on marine wifi and antennas. Or buy one first and see if you can make it work like you want (or, much more appropriately, like your *customers* will want).

L8R

Skip, so far, burned and > I have searched through this group and suprisingly have not found a lot of

Reply to
Skip - Working on the boat

fOn 23 Jun 2006 11:54:18 -0700, "Skip - Working on the boat" wrote in :

Actually just:

Danger, Will Robinson!

Reply to
John Navas

Don't forget the frantic arm-waving.

Reply to
Bill Kearney

I considered adding that definition, but given how clueless I am, I feared it would just add to the image :{))

L8R

Skip

Reply to

Discovercard has declined to get involved; I now have available one of these

formatting link
,with the die cast weatherproof housing and mounting hardware,

110VAC/12VDC power supply, N-mount lightning suppressor, pigtail from the card to said lightning suppressor, and 8.5dBi N-mount omni Hyperlink antenna, as well as another unit
formatting link
with the same power supply, and pigtail to a 5.5dBi rubber duck.

These are intended for joint use in the same housing, connected with the (included) crossover cable. However, either can be configured as AP or Bridge. They have been flashed with the most current firmware and are both 200mw (23dBm) units.

It would probably be a good thing for your company to acquire these to ascertain the appropriate level of enthusiasm for a distributorship.

I can make you an attractive package deal.

Let me know...

L8R

Skip

Morgan 461 #2 SV Flying Pig KI4MPC

formatting link
- NOTE:new URL! The vessel as Tehamana, as we bought her

"Believe me, my young friend, there is *nothing*-absolutely nothing-half so much worth doing as simply messing, messing-about-in-boats; messing about in boats-or *with* boats. In or out of 'em, it doesn't matter. Nothing seems really to matter, that's the charm of it. Whether you get away, or whether you don't; whether you arrive at your destination or whether you reach somewhere else, or whether you never get anywhere at all, you're always busy, and you never do anything in particular; and when you've done it there's always something else to do, and you can do it if you like, but you'd much better not."

Reply to

PS...

Both of these units have contained within them

formatting link
pcmcia card which can be used independently of power supplies or external antennas (though they have antenna connection points if you want to enhance the reception....

Reply to

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.