DWL-G120's in Ad-Hoc setup

All I can get is 11mbps, D-Link FAQ says that's it for speed. Any way to increase it? Thanks, Rob

Reply to
MrSmiley
Loading thread data ...

- Do you have it plugged into a USB 2.0 port? USB 1.1 is limited to 11Mbits/sec.

- Do you have the latest drivers?

formatting link

- Ad-hoc mode is only supported to 11Mbits/sec:

formatting link

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

In AD-HOC mode you can only get 11Mbs, It does not matter if you use

802.11b, 802.11g or 802.11a.
Reply to
DLink Guru

Reply to
MrSmiley

Yes, you can do that, or you can just configure the origional router not to give internet access to your computers you want not to have it. Besides using a different SSID, also use a different IP range and a different subnet for the second router. You will also want to change the broadcasting channel and default IP address of the second router, just to avoid any conflicts that could popup.

Robert...

Reply to
DLink Guru

So, if I configured the existing router to deny internet access to the two accounting computers (assigned static IPs) I would get 54mbps communication between the two under ideal conditions? Would they be visable to the other workstations in the office? Thanks for helping a newbie! Rob

Reply to
MrSmiley

Yes, you would get your 802.11g speeds, as long as the router is G also. If you dont want the 2 to be visible then use a firewall program on the 2 computers and set it up to only alow the 2 IPs you want to connect to each other.

Robert...

Reply to
DLink Guru

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.