Dlink DI-824VUP+ Firmware 1.03 problems

Hi, have anybody else had problems with the 1.03 firmware for the Dlink DI-824VUP+ wireless dsl-router?

I've had a few disconnects of the wireless clients, while the cable linked clients have had no problems. I'm now downgrading to 1.02 to see if that helps, but any insight from others would be appreciated.

Reply to
Stein Arne Storslett
Loading thread data ...

Hi,

I have also had problems with V1.03 of the firmware for DI-824VUP+ The only problems I have had have been to do with the printer ports. I

have been unable to get an HP DJ 5550 to work on the USB and a HPLJ 3

on the parallel port. I have also been tempted to downgrade to v1.02 of the firmware,

although what bugs me is that you cannot even download v1.03 from

dlinks .co.uk site (strange!!), maybe it has been withdrawn because of

problems!!

Andrew

Reply to
Nermal

wrote in :

Hi.

I downgraded, and I have not tried the 1.03 firmware since. My complaints with the di-824vup+ is that it seems not to handle multiple connections at once very good. If one computer is downloading lots of mail, the second will have slow browsing. If one computer is downloading something, my VPN connection to work will have lousy ping times, and some spread packet loss. If I start a print job no other computer is able to connect to the Internet while the job is being loaded to the printer. At least a couple of times I've lost wireless, while hard linked computers still got on the Internet. The only sollution seemed to be to restart the router.

All in all, I'm not that satisfied with the performance, although the "services" it provides are satisfactory.

Reply to
Stein Arne Storslett

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.