Unable to enter an SSID

Hi all, I'm trying to setup a network & connect my laptop to the home PC. The home PC is set up using WPA.

When I try to create a network on the laptop it will not let me enter a SSID. It will not let me proceed to the next stage, telling me that I have used one or more characters that are invalid. I have tried upper case, lower case, with numbers, without numbers and different string lengths but it will not allow it. There are no spaces ether! What am I missing!

Look forward to hearing from you.

Roy.

********************************************** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ

Please do not add my address to any on-line address book, send me, e - greetings cards or web page links via their site to my address.

I'm trying to cut down on junk mail.

Thank you.

formatting link

Reply to
Roy
Loading thread data ...

Don't know what I've done but it's all fixed. Sorry for the post.

Roy.

When I try to create a network on the laptop it will not let me enter a SSID. It will not let me proceed to the next stage, telling me that I have used one or more characters that are invalid. I have tried upper case, lower case, with numbers, without numbers and different string lengths but it will not allow it. There are no spaces ether! What am I missing!

Look forward to hearing from you.

Roy.

********************************************** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ

Please do not add my address to any on-line address book, send me, e - greetings cards or web page links via their site to my address.

I'm trying to cut down on junk mail.

Thank you.

formatting link

Reply to
Roy

Hi, You did not tell any basic info. What laptop? What kinda wireless card? Band name? .....

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.