Connect 2 Networks using 2 Access Points WIRELESSLY.

I have a 2 networks:

1. Has a Linksys WRT54GL that connects to my ADSL model and provides the internet to the network. On this network I have 3 desktops with wireless network cards connecting to the Linksys.

1. I have another network that has 3 Desktops, they are in a wired network. Now I have installed a Canyon CN-WF514M.

You can have a look at a diagram at the following link: (Link only valid for 14 days)

formatting link
In know you should be able to do it, I got some information but I need some details.

What I got was something like this:

1.WDS option enabled 2.Turn off DHCP on the second router. 3.Give second router an IP address withing the range of first router. 4.Put first MAC address to the WDS onto the second and vice versa.
  1. Use same Security on BOTH (keys/channel etc).
  2. You can add more access points to it using the above.

Now apprently this works but I struggle with some of it, because do you have to WDS enable both or just the second one. and when I change the Ip on the second one I can't log into the control pannel again and also can't see any of the other pc's on the network

Thanks for you patients and help on this.

Reply to
nbruwer
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.