Connecting two wired network wirelessly

Connecting two wired network wireless. I have two D-Link DI-624 wireless routers one at site-A and one at site-B using two Outdoor Yagi Antenna and well within range of each other, is it possible to get the two router configured to bridge or otherwise connect to each other. Site-A has broadband internet connection that I want to share with site-B.

Is this doable, or do I need two access points, I already have the two Network and the DI-624's in place and would like to not buy any other equipment.

Thank you in advance for any input on the matter.

Reply to
Danny Kile
Loading thread data ...

You need to use WDS, which the DI-624 supports, but it's a little complicated. Have you already tried messing with that feature?

- JB

Reply to
JB

Hey Danny,

buy other equipment

Reply to
Jorge Padrone

No I have not any directions would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
Danny Kile

I can't give you specific details, for the sake of time, but you can find your answers easily enough by calling D-Link or looking up WDS bridges on the Internet and at D-Link.com.

Suffice it to say, you go into the router config, click on the WDS section, add the MAC address for the router to which you want to bridge, then go to the other router, click on the WDS section, and add the other MAC address. Keep in mind that this is the MAC address of the router, not the cable modem or the computer or anything else. As you, I'm pretty sure D-Link provide some tips at the side of the config screens.

In my experience, Buffalo supports WDS better than anyone else, then Belkin, but I've never had as much luck with D-Link.

Reply to
JB

This link should be similar to what you need to do with your routers:

formatting link

Reply to
JB

As I understand it you don't do the connection through routers but get

2 Access Points that will work in bridge mode eg Linksys WAP54G.

Both networks should be on the same subnet.

One router only connecting to the outside world.

Reply to
AnthonyL

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.