configuration of wifi on Win XP sp2

i have a laptop that has built in Wifi adapter. Since i already have a wifi running in my office i was wanting to configure my laptop to the same netwrok. The issue is that i've been able to configure it but the IP address that i get, on pinging that the result is timed out. I fail to understand what the reason can be. I've Intel (R) PRO/Wireless 2200 BG Network connection and i've also installed the intel software for this. Please if any one can help me mail me asap at snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Reply to
Charu
Loading thread data ...

More information will be needed. What OS are you running? Are you getting an address from the LAN's DHCP server? If the address you are getting is a 169.x.x.x, the device is not connecting. Does the LAN have encryption? Are you using the proper encryption type? (WEP, WPA, WPA2). Do you have the correct key?

BTW: Cross posting is generally frowned on. It is not wise to post your email address to a newsgroup.

Reply to
Jerry Park

Sorry, that was in the subject line.

Reply to
Jerry Park

Hello,

This behavior is normal if you have WinXP with SP2, it have integrated firewall that blocks ICMP/PING requests.

You can change this using "Change Firewall Settings" in your proper internet/lan connection and modify ICMP Settings.

Good luck,

Daniel Interdesigner Software Development

formatting link
ICQ # 61133529

Reply to
Daniel

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.