Antenna pigtail? connector for laptop

Ok, I'm going to install an Intel Pro/Wireless 2915 80.11abg mPCI adapter into a laptop. The adapter has antenna connectors that are "Hirose U.FL-R-SMT mates with cable connector U.FL-LP-066." Here are some specs for the adapter: 'Intel Pro/Wireless 2915 802.11abg Mini PCI Wireless Network Adapter for For 915G Based Notebooks: WM3B2915ABGNA / WM3B2915AGNAXF (Discontinued)'

formatting link
I don't know what the connectors inside the laptop are, but I'm attaching an image. (note: it's hard to tell from the image, but the connector is flush with the case...it doesn't stick out at all)

I need two cables, 4-6 inches long each, to connect the wireless adapter to the external antennas on the laptop. (the laptop is actually a tablet, iX104, and I can't find specs on the connectors)

Finding such a cable seems a little harder than it should.

+-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: DSC_4898.jpg | |Download:
formatting link
|+-------------------------------------------------------------------+

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
Boden
Loading thread data ...

You might want something like this:

formatting link
is what I'd get, SMA is quite popular with most antennas, very adaptable, and small.

If you don't like that, ere's a list of U.FL pigtails.

formatting link
They were long addresses, so I shortened it for you. Have fun!

Reply to
dualdflipflop

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.