Computer cannot see router

I have 4 computers connected to the Internet through a D-Link router. All of them were connected to the Internet OK. One of them (WinXP) though, had a small problem for a while now: after exiting standby mode, ZoneAlarm was blocking the Internet access. I had to restart the computer every time after standby and everything was going back to normal. Annoyed by the problem, I disabled the standby mode and the connection was OK. Till yesterday morning...

Since yesterday morning, the computer refused to see the Internet. It sees the other computers in the network, I can get a correct IP address from the router (ipconfig /release - ipconfig /renew) but I cannot ping the router. It times-out every time I try. I uninstalled ZoneAlarm to make sure it is not the culprit. No luck!

Any suggestions how to get that computer back to normal and see the router/Internet?

Many thanks, Chris

Reply to
cristianpopa.ca
Loading thread data ...

Tx device gone faulty.

Software needs reloading.

Reply to
Lez Pawl

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.