CompUSA Wireless Router - WDS Config

Does anyone have any detailed information on how to configure this router for use in a WDS network. I have two of these units that I would like to network together, using one of them as a repeater. The documentation is useless.

Reply to
Mike Schumann
Loading thread data ...

I don't know if it makes a difference, but upgrade to the latest firmware, 1.40 from

formatting link
. My router came with

I don't plan on using it in a WDS network, so I haven't tested the actual setup -- but if you look at the "Basic Settings" screen, there is a "Mode" dropdown. There is an "AP Bridge WDS" selection there. Once you select that, it adds a list of "MAC Address" fields and a "Security" field to add the AP to AP security settings.

(Now if you have any ideas how to get QoS to work :-) )

Mike Schumann wrote:

Reply to
danr_18

I wouldn't say "sells for" - but I've been pretty lucky with rebates -- I keep track of them and call if they don't show up. I had two CompUSA rebate issues...

One of them, years ago, CompUSA gave me the money back to my credit card, since there was an issue with the rebate. The other one, was due to CD ROM drive company which went out of business. I received a check directly from CompUSA (although it was a few YEARS late)!

Also remember that sales tax is > "Mike Schumann" wrote:

Reply to
danr_18

If you have to ask this question or you cannot get in touch with Tech Support about the device, then what you have purchased is questionable.

Duane :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

I think he is just trying to see how many clueless answers he can get from you. ;)

Reply to
Si Ballenger

Uh, here we go again. I wouldn't say "sells for", please let us know when your rebate check(s?) arrive...

Reply to
William P.N. Smith

I see you doing some talking here. But what I don't see is you coming up with any answers other than you running you *mouth*.

Reply to
Duane Arnold

I finally got it to work. I had to enter the MAC ID of each router into the other's router MAC ID list. The final trick was to power down both routers. That did the trick. The routers seem to work great.

I'm willing to sacrifice a lot of documentation and tech support for a product that has the features I want, is stable, and sells for $2.99!!!! For those of you out there who need a repeater solution, this is a great option. Hurry, as the rebate ends today.

Mike Schumann

Reply to
Mike Schumann

Looks like the problem got solved by others in spite of your help. Keep up the good work! ;)

Reply to
Si Ballenger

That's what they are there for and the NG. Your just another *clown* on the scene that has to run your piss ant mouth.

BTW, you keep up your good work that looks like it amounts to *nothing*.

You go *boy*.

Reply to
Duane Arnold

Duane, have you tried decaff? ;)

Reply to
Si Ballenger

I also keep track of my rebates. Years ago, I ran into problems. In the last few years, I've received every rebate as promised without having to make a single phone call. Sometimes it takes forever, but they do show up.

I know it's a pain. They're counting on people to buy the stuff and then to not bother sending in the paper work. If you do, there are deals to be had.

Mike Schumann

P.S. My two CompUSA routers have been running in WDS repeater mode now for almost 24 hours without any hickups.

Reply to
Mike Schumann

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.