Clearwire (not Clear 4g) and connectifyme

Does anybody know whether they are compatible? Or should I just install it to see?

Reply to
dranon
Loading thread data ...

Huh ?

Reply to
ps56k

formatting link
formatting link
and a random sample review.... not exactly sure when and where you would use this... since your "hotspot" is connecting to a WiFi signal, and all the "clients" are connecting to YOUR signal to gain access to the main WiFi ?? why not just go directly to the main WiFi - unless, like in the review - you are paying (at a hotel) for every WiFi connection ?

formatting link

Reply to
ps56k

When computer 1 can connect to ISP through pccard and computer 2 cannot get to internet without going through computer 2.

Because, um, it doesn't work that way.

Nope, home based.

It doesn't seem like it is compatible, since the clearwire pccard DISABLES the onboard wifi card entirely.

I think the clearwire technology, which was developed for xppro just doesn't have what it needs to have to play nice with windows 7. It seems the connectify concept is the combination of automated set up of ICS along with bandwidth sharing of the wireless signal.

If clearwire's technology won't let the bandwidth be shared, connectify is a non-starter.

Reply to
dranon

hmm - well finally got to the basic point of the Clear WiMax pc card being used -

formatting link
bad you didn't just spell all this out in your first posting.... but tnx for letting me do your homework -

Reply to
ps56k

I don't know who or what has your panties in a wad, but you really are a flaming asswipe.

I spelled out everything, or perhaps you are just a blind fool who can't be bothered to read the subject of a post. Your link is specifically to a page that is dealing with Clear 4g, so its relevance to my question is the equivalent to the mental black hole you pretend is a brain.

This is usenet. If you don't have an answer, just STFU.

Reply to
dranon

well - guess I got all the wrong info -

SO - whay don't YOU provide some links to the specific products, service providers, & devices you are talking about, then maybe you can get the answer you are looking for -

Reply to
ps56k

I have a better idea. Why don't you just stay out of any thread I start and let somebody who has a clue answer?

Reply to
dranon

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.