broadcast internet on the network via wireless router

Hi; My PC is connected to the internet via an ADSL modem. If I plug my PC to a wireless routeur (using my network cable), will other PC's in the house be able to access the internet via this routeur ?

Thanks

Reply to
samuelberthelot
Loading thread data ...

On 4 Nov 2006 02:49:06 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@googlemail.com wrote in :

Sure, if configured properly. Be sure to use a unique SSID, and WPA/WPA2 security with a strong passphrase.

Reply to
John Navas

Thanks for the answer.

I've set up my wireless LAN. So basically my PC is connected to the internet via my ADSL modem. Then it is also plugged into the wireless routeur through network cable. I've got two laptops that I can ping between each others. I can also access the internet. However the internet connection fails after a few minutes. (not on my PC though). When it happens i can STILL ping, meaning the network is not down. If I disconnect the laptops from the network and reconnect again I can access the internet after 1 or 2 minutes, but eventually it always goes down after a few minutes. This is driving me crazy. Do you know what might be the cause ?

RBM (remove this) wrote:

Reply to
samuelberthelot

On 5 Nov 2006 04:45:00 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@googlemail.com wrote in :

Still ping what?

When it fails, run this script on both the PC and a laptop:

formatting link
post the exact output here.

Reply to
John Navas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.