Avoid PlusCom USB adaptors!

I tried a variety of USB wireless adaptors on the same PC in the same environment, and they were all very reliable and "much of a muchness", except for this brand, which flagged far behind the others. I tried everything I could with its settings (ditto Microsft Wireless Zero Configuration), but it would not perform anything like the rest. A definite NON recommendation from me!

Reply to
ABC
Loading thread data ...

and how many PlusCOM units did you try...........

Reply to
Tom E

So you took a PC and installed multiple devices, each with their own driver software, and thought it would work reliably?

Had you tried the devices with their drivers independently you might have had greater success.

Yes, driver software is horribly inconsistent across brands. Combining multiple ones only makes it worse.

Reply to
Bill Kearney

And who dos "ABC" work for?

Reply to
LouB

Ummm... this one perhaps? Pluscom also makes two other USB wireless adapters:

Most manufacturers do have model numbers on their products. Three comments from buyers. One dismal and two very good. Not too horrible.

Much as I appreciate your opinions, they're kinda useless without detail, substantitation, equipment list, operating system, driver version, specific symptoms, troubleshooting attempted, and the all important model number.

Incidentally, Pluscom maintains a rather active forum on their web site. If you're having problems, you might ask for assistance:

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.