apple airport as wireless bridge

I am trying to link an apple airport extreme to the BT HomeHub (Thomson Speedtouch core) using the airport setup software. Everything goes fine until I get to a point where it asks for a password. I have tried both the admin user password and the WEP key but no joy. Any idea what password should I use (I have had one problem with the iMac assuming that the WEP key is not the 40/128 hex variety, so it could be that).

Failing that I could set up the airport manually, but need the WDS settings - anyone know what they should be?

Rusty

Reply to
pug
Loading thread data ...

Instructions for configuring the AirPort Extreme base station for WDS are contained in Chapter 4 of Apple's Designing AirPort Networks handbook. Use the AirPort Admin Utility rather than the Setup Assistant to configure the base station for WDS. To download the handbook, go to Apple's AirPort support site at .

The old AirPort Extreme base station can do WDS only with a few non-Apple models that use Broadcom chips, but I don't know if the BT HomeHub is one of them. It can't operate in client mode with the stock Apple firmware.

Reply to
Neill Massello

snipped-for-privacy@i-2-v.co.uk hath wroth:

That's the most common problem with WEP. There are at least 3 ways for different manufactories to convert the ASCII WEP key to Hex. If you use just the Hex keys, you shouldn't have any compatibilty issues.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.