900 Mhz phone?

Not if your router uses a frequency other than 900MHz (which it's 99.99% probable it does not).

Reply to
Rôgêr
Loading thread data ...

The place I plan to put my wireless router is on a high shelf about 4 feet above a 900 MHz cordless phone/fax machine. I know that 2.4 GHz phones can cause problems, but what about 900 MHz phones? Will it cause interference? TIA dot

Reply to
DotCom

My 900 MHZ phone is often about three feet below my router, which was an SMC 802.11b, and is now a Netgear 802.11b/g. The phone is very often within a foot or tow of my laptop. No interference that I've noticed.

I do get some "blips" if the phone is too close to my PC external speakers.

Reply to
dold

Just curious, maybe you or someone else can elaborate. I've got a set of

5.8GHz phones that had 5.8GHz printed in big letters on the box, lost somewhere in the fine print was something about "mixes the best of 5.8 and 2.4GHz". I've seen mentioned something about this type of phone receiving on one frequency and sending on another, is that close to the skinny? How likely would it be for one of these handsets to interfere with a 2.4 AP? Also mentioned on the box was frequency hopping but did not explain in any detail. If these really are FH then I suppose the power levels aren't enough to worry about regarding the AP.
Reply to
Rôgêr

Just use the FCCID to lookup the technology used on the FCC web pile at:

formatting link
's so much cheaper to get full duplex from cross band operation than to build a handset that does full duplex in a single band.

Frequency hoppers absolutly trash direct sequence spread spectrum radios. I don't recall if the handset or the base transmits on

2.4Ghz. I think it's the base, but I'm not sure.

As for the power level, inverse square law claims that proximity of the devices has more to do with interference than power output. As I recall, the tx power out for the phone base runs about +10dBm but into a truely horrible 1/4 wave antenna.

Drivel: I just notice that Google has a search by FCC ID under "search by number".

formatting link
nice. Hit the first link it finds near the top of the page.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.