Wi-Fi and Cordless phone

Im going to buy some Wi-Fi router/access point for my Internet connection. My question is: can signal from Wi-Fi interfere with Cordless telephone?

Reply to
lothar20
Loading thread data ...

Yes. If you have a 2.4 GHz cordless phone there is a good chance of interference. The newer cordless phones are 5.8 GHz, while the older ones are 900 MHz. Either would be fine.

I can't use my wireless when the 2.4 GHz Panasonic cordless phone is in use.

Reply to
SMS

SMS napisal(a):

I've just read I can change channels in Wi-Fi admin panel( between 1 and 11) and it should work then

Reply to
lothar20

Yes. Sometimes it causes my 2.5 GHz cordless phone to ring.

Reply to
johnny

snipped-for-privacy@tlen.pl hath wroth:

Yes. When my Panasonic KX-TG2257 cordless phone gets within about

10-15 feet of my WRT54G v4, I can hear "clicks" on the phone. When really close, it's difficult to hear the on the phone. Similarly, 802.11b/g wireless tends to slow down or disconnect. Last weekend, I relocated the external antenna on the WRT54G to my roof. Now, my neighbors are complaining that their cordless phone is hearing clicks, buzz, and noise.

Other sources of 2.4GHz interference:

formatting link

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

There is still overlap and the phone changes its own channels anyway...

Just save yourself the annoyance of always having to hit the "channel button" on the phone by going with a 900Mhz or 5Ghz phone.

Get a 5Ghz phone if your wireless is 802.11g/b or a 900Mhz (digital) phone if your wireless is 802.11a/g/b.

I'm using 802.11a/g/b and 900Mhz digital cordless phones. They all occupy the same air fine...

New 900Mhz digital, not an old 900Mhz analog unless you want your neighbors to able to listen in...

Reply to
Eric

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.