150m network

Hi.

I've been tasked with adding a PC to a network with a 150m gap between them. There's also one brick wall and a chunk of landscape between, so there's no line of sight. The existing wireless router is garden variety D-Link, and I lose signal around

20m from the building that it is in. There's just open ground between the two locations, i.e. there's no middle area that I can install any equipment in.

Is there a 'standard' wireless solution for this? My thoughts are to go with a D-Link DWL-G810 at the remote end, use the existing wireless router (DSL-G624T) where it is, and use a couple of high-gain antennas. But I don't know (a) how high the antenna gain needs to be, and (b) if I'm wasting my time anyway because there's just too much stuff between the two.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance, Colin

Reply to
Colin MacDonald
Loading thread data ...

On Sun, 11 Jun 2006 19:52:05 +0100, Colin MacDonald wrote in :

Start by just trying a high-gain directional antenna on the PC, on the order of 12 dBi or more.

Reply to
John Navas

Forget it, you need to go around or thru or something else.

Reply to
William P.N. Smith

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.