Site-to-Site VPN dropping

I need some help troubleshooting an issue I'm having with an L2L VPN I have set up with one of our clients. The issue is that every once in a while, the tunnel goes down and the only way we seem to be able to get it going again is to reconfigure the tunnel. That is, resetting the connection doesn't help and since there would have been no change to the configs, checking that yields no solutions either.

On my side of the equation, my VPN is on a PIX525. On the other side, they're using a Sonicwall firewall as the VPN peer. I'm using a T3 connection and the other guys are on a T1. One thing that we noticed the last two times we had this problem is that very large files were being transfered over the tunnel when the tunnel dies. I know that the PIX and my connection could handle the load (I have another L2L that copies MUCH larger files than this one and have never had a problem with it... those guys are also using a PIX525).

Could this be a problem with the Sonicwall not being able to handle the load? None of the errors in the logs on either side tell us that specifically, but I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas about this.

Thanks!

Reply to
Jon Doe
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.