Site-to-site VPN down. Need help

I have an L2L Ipsec VPN set up with one of our vendors via my PIX525 7.2(2). Within the VPN, two of my VLANs are allowed (e.g 172.24.0.0 and 172.26.0.0). Yesterday, we noticed that the 172.24.0.0 network could no longer connect, but the 172.26.0.0 network still had access (and I can ping his addresses from the 172.26 network).

I called the admin at the other end, and they swore they made no changes, and I didn't either. We looked through all the VPN settings and they still matched. He uses sonicwall, so he tried to re-negotiate the connection for the 172.24.0.0 connection. When he tries to do that, he gets no response from my PIX address. Whenever I try to ping any of his addresses, I get a message in my syslog saying this:

%PIX-3-713902: IP = 123.456.789.10, Removing peer from peer table failed, no match!

I decided as a troubleshooting step to reset the VPN connection on my end as well. Now, I can even connect from the 172.26.0.0 network either. Any ideas?

Reply to
Jon Doe
Loading thread data ...

i got something similar to work again with 'release' & 'renew'

Reply to
Rick Merrill

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.