Simutaneous VPN connections from DSL/cable modem

The main office has a Cisco 3000 VPN concentrator. I have 4 machines in a shared office with Cisco VPN client V4.0.3. I have a DSL line with a static IP connected to a Netgear RP614 V2 router. I am able to connect to the main office from each of the machines one at a time fine.

I run into problems when I want to connect to the main office with more than two machines simutaneously. If I want to connect a third machine I have to disconnect one of the connected machines and reboot the router. If I don't reboot the router the third machine still can't connect even after both machines disconnect from VPN.

I tried swapping the Netgear router with a Linksys BEFVP41 but I was only able to connect one machine to VPN at a time. Is it possible to connect all four machines to the main office simutaneously? Would it make a difference if I replaced the Netgear router with a Cisco 2600 router?

This broadband connection is shared with another company and the office is used for people who travel from the main office to this remote area. Some carry their laptops and need to connect to the main office via VPN. Others just use the internet with PCs in the office or their own laptops.

Reply to
Scadet100
Loading thread data ...

it would probably time out once the Netgear forgets the original session.

Try using TCP encapsulation in the VPN client setup instead of UDP

Reply to
stephen

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.