EIGRP on 871 for spoke to spoke connections

Scenario: I have 25 sites which we have or are dropping Cisco 871 (12.4(4)T7) routers. We have a hub (CISCO 2801 12.4.(9)T) where we have a few app servers are hosted. All sites have static IP addresses.

Problem: I have attempted to create multipoint connections from all these sites to the hub while implementing EIGRP to allow spoke to spoke dynamic routing. It seems that my current 871 images do not support this feature. They do support OSPF and nhrp which I can and will use if necessary but for familiarity and future conformity sake I would like to stick with an EIGRP environment. What IOS will allow this protocol on the 871 platform? It sure beats the heck out of huge point to points in all these sites with possibly 20 or so more being acquired in the next 6 months.

Teach a man to fish... If anyone feels that I'm heading down the wrong path with this plan please feel free to point in another direction. I suppose that brushing up on my OSPF configurations would do me good in the long run anyway. If I have a similar IOS function situation arise in the future how can I dig for this myself? We do have a CISCO partner account and I am certified but I get so lost digging through all the image releases and notes that it feels like I'm stabbing in the dark sometimes with these lower end devices.

It's late, I'm punchy and crosseyed so I hope this makes sense. Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Beckteck
Loading thread data ...

I have found the answer. For anyone else hitting this in future: You need to have the Advanced IP IOS and 8 MB flash (@$80 our Ingram Price) to run EIGRP with 800 series routers. MEM870-8F-IOSUPG

Reply to
Beckteck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.