Which VoIP gateway?

Hello

As the list below is long and not always up to date, could someone recommend some VoIP gateways besides the well-know Linksys SPA-3102 and its older brother Sipura SPA-3000?

formatting link
Preferably, I'd like one that has been localized as I read that the POTS is a bit country-specific (impedance, caller ID, ring signal, etc.; FWIW, I intend to use it in France)?

Thank you.

Reply to
Vincent Delporte
Loading thread data ...

Do you have any special requirements? Multiple providers perhaps? If you need just a vanilla ATA, I would suggest a Sipura 1000/1001.

Reply to
Jonathan Roberts
[snip]

I'd go for the 2000/2002 as they have two separate phone sockets. The Sipura range also have the distinct advantage over most in that almost everything is configurable, including port impedance, ring voltage, dial/ring tones etc. The downside is that with so many options you really need to know what you're doing or it's easy to mess things up..!

Ivor

Reply to
Ivor Jones

Sorry guys. I didn't mean an ATA (ie. a box to turn analog equipments like handsets and fax machines into SIP-fluent devices), but an FXO-to-SIP adapter like the Sipura 3000 or the Linksys 3102.

I keep seeing those two mentionned, but are there other brands/models I should consider, especially some that have been localized to match differences in POTS characteristics (so I don't end up shelling out

200E on a box that just doesn't work reliably outside the US)?

Thank you.

Reply to
Vincent Delporte

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.