Which phone adaptor for BroadVoice?

Hi,

I'm considering signing up with broadVoice. I used to be a Vonage subscriber and still have my old Cisco ATA. During the BroadVoice signup process, they allow use of your own adaptor including the Cisco, but they also offer two other possibilities, BroadVoice telephone adaptor, and BroadVoice WiSIP. Are there any advantages to going with a newer adaptor and if so, what are the differences between the regular "BroadVoice adaptor" and the WiSIP?

TIA,

--Al

Reply to
Al Puzzuoli
Loading thread data ...

I wonder if someone can explain what all this stuff means? What is a WiSIP? What is a BroadVoice or Cisco adapter?

Reply to
JB

WiSIP is a sort of cordless VoIP phone that uses wifi. The idea is that you can subscribe to a VoIP service, configure the phone for it, and then make and receive calls from anywhere you can access a wifi signal (well, one that doesn't require you to log in via a web interface...).

The consensus seems to be that the phone is not very good. Here's one person who didn't like it:

formatting link
Broadvoice
formatting link
is a VoIP service that provides some pretty competitive packages and works with a wide range of equipment.

Cisco makes IP phones as well as adapters (such as the ATA-186) that will turn an ordinary phone into an IP phone.

miguel

Reply to
Miguel Cruz

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.