Voip to PSTN

Hi, I am newbie in VOIP. Just want to do something very simple. I am in Melbourne, and we have a branch office in Sydney, with private VPN connection. I want to put a VOIP to PSTN gateway there. So that I can run VOIP client program on my PC, connect to the gateway, and make calls to Sydney through PSTN. By do this, I only pay local calls.

There is no need to connect all the user in Sydney office, as we all use skype.

Not sure what software, hardware can do that.

Thank you.

Reply to
wxu3000
Loading thread data ...

Why..?! A SIP service using ordinary phones is much better, surely..?

Sipura 3000 will do this -

formatting link

Ivor

Reply to
Ivor Jones

With Sipura 3000, do I put it in Sydney, connect it to the IP network and PSTN, and use SIP client in Melbourne?

Thanks.

Weili

Reply to
wxu3000

What is it you want to do? Be very specific.

-sx

IM: snipped-for-privacy@msn.com

Reply to
shido xavier

There is an automatic switching device to simplify the voip and pstn connections. plus other features.. Called Combine-a-line..

Marc

formatting link

Reply to
Marc Popek

Hi, What I want is very simple. I am in Melbourne city, and I want to put a unit in our Sydney city office. When I need to call someone in Sydney, I can connect from my computer to the unit in Sydney by using our private network, and unit can convert my voice over IP to PSNT. So that I only pay Sydney local calls even though I am calling from Melbourne.

Weili

Reply to
wxu3000

why dont u install asterisk as voip gateway in sidney? u only have to buy an fxo card from digium for the PSTN line and spare a decent PC for the gateway.

Reply to
valentino.rossi.85

Weili,

You may use a pair of Sipura SPA-3000's . See e.g.

formatting link
; you may also go through the office's PBX rather than connecting the device to an external line. And the arrangement may be easily made symmetrical: someone calling from Sydney might dial out to Melbourne's PSTN.

If you can't find a local dealer, Sipura products are sold on the web by several internet shops

formatting link
formatting link
formatting link
...). Before choosing one, check not only the price of the unit but also the shipping charges. In my experience, to ship to Hong Kong Telephonyware is the least expensive (~USD 24 for Speedpost/EMS freight, vs ~USD 40 from other shops).

Enzo

Reply to
Enzo Michelangeli
  1. Thank you Valentino for giving me the information. I will have a look at it.

1. Thank you very much Enzo for pointing the direction. For the Spa-3000 example, I am just wondering if I can use a software SIP client on one sie, and a SPA-3000 on the other side instead of Spa-3000 on both sides.

Thanks.

Reply to
wxu3000

Yes, but of course a softphone can't do half of the work usually done by the SPA-3000: the connection to the PSTN on its side.

Enzo

Reply to
Enzo Michelangeli

you need the clt, you have exacty desrbied it here..

Description

COMBINE-A-LINE ?? IMAGINE

?.1=2

Ever wish you could use your favorite single-line telephone, answering machine, or PC Modem on TWO phone lines??. Automatically?

OR

How about joining your VOIP port and the plain old (PSTN) telephone jack into a single handset?

OR

How about joining TWO VOIP ports into a single handset, answering machine, or PC Modem?

USE a CLT to join a card card acceptor and your single line telephone as well!

OR

see if anybody picks-up, on another line trunk, after you are already in a call??? A visual real-time security feedback feature!

THEN...........................................

Combine-A-Line (CLT) allows two separate calls from two different lines to be directed to your single line telephone equipment or PC. Centralizing and PROTECTING (SURGE PROTECTION INSIDE) your communication equipment for your home office or for the family.

Combine-A-Line supports all services from your telephone company . It also has two line surge protectors to make sure that you are Protecting your equipment and bi-color LEDS to indicate line tampering.

Use combine-a-line to automatically switch between

VOIP and pots (rboc) plain local line, hands free!

Turn your single line wireless telephone... into a TWO line wireless telephone suite

Ever see a two line dial up modem? Now you can use a CLT to join two pstn line to your computer modem, creating a central telephone system on a regular desktop computer.

SECURITY of your calls are enhanced because the CLT displays if anybody picks -up the line after you are in a call! So, it has security features just in case someone is wire tapping or listens in after you are in a call. The Bi-color LED display will indicate any disruption to the line.

Easy to use, No batteries nor power supply ...these wall powered units makes more noise and cost decades of dollars in electrical energy use each year!, and no programming needed!

Our re-sellers have reported that ..."elimination of the noisy and cumbersome power supply wires, "reduces the Hum & Noise one hears then when connected to household power supplies",

Saves Wasted Energy from wall- wart transformer power supplies: saving energy $$$ all year long" no cost to operate, saves you money in your utility bill", Energy Council Amercias

Extra dedicated rj-11 jacks. Universal I/O . More connections with four rj-11 jacks total, all surge protected.

Automate and organize your telecommunications equipment and desktop wires with Combine-A-Line.

USE BUY NOW and win fast

Buy NOw and get 2 combine-a-lines and get FREE SHIPPING OPTION

WOW FREE SHIPPING!

formatting link

Reply to
LVMarc

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.