Skype ... they don't accept to be payied !!

Anybody else has my problem with skype ? It is not a technical issue but a business one. I was buying 3X10? Skypeout credits and everything was OK. My Credit card payed them, they received the money and I was using my credits making phone calls. Perfect ! When I was trying to pay the fourth credit (another 10? credit) my order was refused. I was checking first with my credit cards and they told me that everything was ok and not locked. After 3 days of hell (I will not bore you telling you all the chats that I had with them) chatting with the Skype help desk I received the following comments from them: "Why do you need all of this credits ?" "We are doing that because we are helping you for security reasons .. someone can order the credits on your place". I was stoned ! Are they a business company ? Why they are asking me if I need all of this credits (it is not their business at all) ? The idea is good and the service is good ... but they announced something that thay cannot offer ... this is my personal opinion. THEY ARE REFUSING TO GIVE THE SERVICE THAT THEY ANNOUNCED!! Something is very stinky there ! .. Moreover they are refusing to give me more explanations. For skype guys looking my append on this formum ... I am the user Alexdra.

Reply to
Alex Drastico
Loading thread data ...

I forgot to tell that I have this problem with both of Credit card I have Visa and Diners !!

Reply to
Alex Drastico

Sounds to me like their computer checks for unusal usage patterns, and blocks the credit card if these are detected. This is probably to stop someone making multiple orders with a stolen credit card, before the card is reported stolen, which is generally a good thing, but not in your case. This being a security issue, would be why they refuse a full explanation.

Reply to
GwG

It sounds like they are blocking the account from registering more credits then, just in case.

Reply to
GwG

I have had several problems over the years with a VISA account. Some sites accept it, some have trouble even with $10 purchases.

It all depends on how they are validating the charge. SOme sites don't validate at all (they have a guarantee from the bank.) Others use a validation transaction gateway that looks up your address and things like that and determines whether you should be trusted.

You need to contact billing and tell them about this or contact your bank or other cc issuer.

Reply to
BlueRinse

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.