Similar functionality to SkypeIn

Hi,

I have just been looking at SkypeIn

formatting link
. It sounds great, but I want to have a regular telephone number in Australia so friends can call me here in Germany for the cost of a local call. Unfortunately Australia is not one of the countries listed for the SkypeIn service. Is there any other technology available at the moment that will let me do this?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Lispo
Loading thread data ...

Easy. Set up two accounts with Sipgate.de, give one number and setup details to your friends in Oz, and they can call you for FREE on the other German No. You can use free soft phones like Xten Lite or, if you have router, plug ATA and ordinary phone into it. Better still get VoIP equipped router e.g. Draytek 2600V, Zyxel

2602HWL, ZoomX5V or AVM Fritz!box. Regards, Martin
Reply to
Martin²

Thanks for the info Martin. If I just want a telephone number in Australia that allows people to call it, without any setup on their behalf, could you suggest anything?

Cheers

Reply to
Lispo

formatting link
that in Australia OZtell sells DiD's for "$1.95 per month. (IAX2/SIP trunk required at at additional $1.95 per month)", and at
formatting link
it lists also "Conexim Australia - Australian provider of business voip VAR solutions - Sydney/Melbourne DIDs, outsourced IVR hosting, fax to email and unified messaging services".

Enzo

Reply to
Enzo Michelangeli

Lispo:

You need to investigate Oz VoIP providers, I haven't got a clue. VoIP providers will often not provide local numbers to foreigners, so you may need someone down under to do that for you. Regards, Martin

Reply to
Martin²

For what it's worth, I've been using an AVM Fritz!Box Fon for the last few weeks and it's been excellent, I can't fault it for performance. The manuals could do with a little work, the setup wasn't as easy as it could have been, but once I figured out what info needed to go where it hasn't missed a beat and the call quality on my Sipgate lines is perfect.

Ivor

Reply to
Ivor Jones

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.