PIX 525 and H.323 handling

Does the PIX 525 have H.323 aware NAT? I've got a videoconferencing app behind the PIX that I'd like to provide outside access to a vendor.

The last thing that was changed to get it to work was to fix the NAT transversal setting in the videoconferencing software. It was set to the local IP address of the machine, rather than the global address. Shouldn't the PIX have translated this anyway? I would have expected that the PIX would be H.323 aware and do this by default. I'm not sure I can tell by the documentation online.

Reply to
pfisterfarm
Loading thread data ...

Reply to
pmachete

It's 7.2(2).

--Steve

Reply to
pfisterfarm

Try to disable fixup:

policy-map global_policy class inspection_default no inspect h323 h225 no inspect h323 ras

Depends on the videoconf device but some of them support the nat traversal by setting the inside and outside address. Therefore, the pix/asa fixup should be disabled.

Just a guess ...

Regards, Pedro

Reply to
pmachete

So this will allow me to leave the NAT transversal option off on the videoconferencing software?

Reply to
pfisterfarm

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.