h.323 calls and PIX 525

I'm having some trouble with h.323 (video) calls through a PIX 525 using NAT. We can get incoming calls fine, but not outgoing calls for some reason. My question has to do with 'inspect h323' vs 'fixup protocol h323'. What's the difference between them? The video conferencing unit in question has a NAT transversal option where I can supply an address and mask.I'm wondering if I'm having a NAT transversal problem anyway. Which one would handle the NAT transversal, inspect or fixup? Currently, the PIX config has:

inspect h323 h225 inspect h323 ras

do I need:

fixup protocol h323 h225 1718-1720 fixup protocol h323 h225 1720 fixup protocol h323 ras 1718-1719

instead of the inspect commands? In addition to them?

Thanks!

Reply to
pfisterfarm
Loading thread data ...

fixup was the command for pix 6.x and inspect replaced it in 7.x It maybe possible that You dont need the fixup/inspect command at all. remove it and see what happens.

Steve

Reply to
Techno_Guy

Yes, I shouldn't need it. I've tried it without, and it still does the same thing. It looks likes it's still using the internal address in the channel open with or without the inspect statement and with or with the NAT transversal option being on.

Reply to
pfisterfarm

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.