Cisco ATA 186 e.164 address requirement h.323

Does anyone know of a way to work around the fact that the cisco ata products require an e.164 address in the call setup?

I an trying to use one with an h.323 gatekeeper that does not send the e.164 address when setting up the call. obviously running h.323 image on the ata.

I realize that this functionality is required to access the two ports, but I am just trying to use it as a single port device, and I can not modify the functionality of the gatekeeper.

The current results are that the ata can place calls via tha gatekeeper, but ignores all call set up requests from the gatekeeper for incoming calls becasue of the lack of an e.164 address in the call setup message.

Reply to
Damon
Loading thread data ...

AFAIR this functionality (accept any alias as port1-assigned) is not possible for ATA. To avoid such kind of problems i forced my SmartGate softswitch to replace called alias in outgoing Setup with port-attached for every call routed to ATA. If your gatekeeper supports number translations at all, it SHALL to be able to do this. As i can route calls for per-port basics, i can do this for both ports in independent manner. But if you use ATA as single port, you don't need this.

Reply to
Roman Nikitchenko

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.