Phone Survey

Can someone provide me a brief overview of setting up a system to handle phone surveys? Is this a feature that is built into a pbx? Excuse my ignorance, but I have no telecom experience(only computer development). Thanks.

Reply to
sb
Loading thread data ...

Configuring Asterisk for Interactive Voice Response wouldn't be too difficult. What kind of results / questions are you looking for in the survey? Please reply in detail.

-sx

IM: snipped-for-privacy@msn.com

Reply to
shido xavier

I've got a few restaurant clients that are interested in offering a phone survey for their guests. This is something my company would like to offer them instead of sending the business elsewhere.

The process would be something like this: a code would print out on their receipt with a message about taking the survey and getting $5 off their next meal. 2x daily the POS system would feed the PBX/IVR system (or some middleware system/db) a list of checks/code combinations. The guest would call the phone number, enter the code that was on their check(which would have been uploaded to the pbx/ivr system), take a survey about the restaurant(cleanliness, speed of service, etc) then be able to potentially leave a voice message at the end. Then, the code would be sent back to the POS as taken so it could be used as a coupon. The guest would bring their prior check back to the restaurant with the code which could be looked up as a valid coupon taken.

That is the gist of what I'm trying to do. The POS(point of sale) side and integration layer I can handle, but it seems that finding any information (or even an overview) on pbx/ivr systems is difficult for some reason as if I could build this I could easily get other clients. An accessible database would be important on the pbx/ivr side.

Any help or even a link about this on the web would be great.

Reply to
sb

Do you have a spare PC? High speed internet connection?

Can your POS post to a mysql server ?

Asterisk can pull the data out of the mysql server when an 8xx number or local number connected to Asterisk answers and the customer inputs whatever number combination you're looking for and ask the prerecorded questions in IVR form.

If you can post to mysql you're looking at about a few hrs of setup if you already have a spare PC and broadband connection.

How many simultaneous calls do expect?

-sx

IM: snipped-for-privacy@msn.com

Reply to
shido xavier

Can you elaborate on the above? I am curious if this functionality is built into Asterisk or would require some programming knowledge?

Thank you,

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan Roberts

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.