Local Numbers

I purchased a phone in number on one of the services in the 530 area code however it isn't accessible to a specific city in the same area code as a local number. I have other city codes to choose from, but how do I knwo if it will be local.

ie.. I purchased a number like 530-XXX-1000 My friend lives in 530-YYY-1000

She can't call my number as a local number. Is there a system out there that I can check prior to purchasing another number to determine if it is local to my friend's number.

Thanks in advance.

Sam

Reply to
sb
Loading thread data ...

See

formatting link
which is quite comprehensive and generally accurate.

I presume you know that local calling areas have nothing to do with area codes, and there are some places in 530 that are local to places in 916, 775, and other area codes.

Reply to
John L

Yep.. I'm just looking to find a phone number in the area code 530 that would be local to another specific number in the 426 exchange... Pretty simple but I didn't know what to search on. Consequently I'm not in California nor am I familiar with the area. I'll check out that link. Thanks for your help.

Sam

John L wrote:

Reply to
sb

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.