[ANN] Yate has been ported for FreeBSD

Season's Greetings!

Yate is a telephony engine aimed at creating a telephony server that performs well enough to deal with PBX requirements and also flexible enough for complex Gateway and IVR solutions.

WWW:

formatting link
The yate has now also been ported for FreeBSD, I don't have resources to test, it however is possible to build the same on other *BSD systems too.

To install the ports download:

formatting link
formatting link
To extract: # tar jxvf yate.tar.bz2 -C /usr/ports/net # tar jxvf spandsp.tar.bz2 -C /usr/ports/comms # cd /usr/ports/net/yate # make install

or

# make package

To update your csup and, or cvsup refuse file:

# cat /usr/ports/refuse comms/spandsp-devel* net/yate* EOT

A yate ports collection for FreeBSD created by Alex Rodin 'alex DOT rodin AT gmail DOT com' is also/already available in the yate mailiing list archive.

Kindly note, that this one is different and also includes, though small, but the following enhancements over the latest CVS head:

• On Unix systems yate daemon tries to run under normal uid and, or gid.
  • Loading and, or initialization messages moved to highest debug level.
  • Support for aliases is added to module regfile; check status now shows aliases as 'alias->number'.
  • The cdrbuild module formats date/time in human readable form (this can also be useful for PostgreSQL and, or other database modules).
  • The status now shows ip:port for remote connections in the rmanager module.
  • Updated and, or upto-date manpages, README and INSTALL files.

I'm not that much expert in H323, SIP, IAX and other such protocols and, or PSTN technology, so I request you to please post your relevant and, or technical questions to Null Team; the creators of yate --

formatting link
Thanks, Regards,

Reply to
Balwinder S "bsd" Dheeman
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.