Help needed regarding SIP

Hi All,

I am a newbie. I am working on my final year project, which is implementation of SIP. I have started reading RFC-3261. Actually I want a basic idea about SIP implementation, how to start with, what technologies will be needed and for what etc. etc.

As I heard that open source of SIP implementation is available on net. Can any one tell me about this.

Is there any one to provide me guidance, that how to start. Though I am well versed in socket programming, so what I need more other than this.

Waiting for a positive response.

Reply to
Rajat
Loading thread data ...

If you want PC to PC VOIP, the software is freely available from numerous sources. The basic program is peer to peer over the internet. (and is free) access to calling to a wired phone incurs a fee (usually pre-paid by the minute)

formatting link
a good basic description)

formatting link
use this one, free peer-to-peer The "Bluephone" is free, sound excellent prepaid plans for calling wired phones

Skype is popular

formatting link

There are also hardware solutions for use without computer support.

I am a casual user. There are dozens of free software voip solutions available-- I have only tried a few.

Pepperoni glophone 734-531-0160-2657 ICQ 10354864

Reply to
Pepperoni

I gave a confusing URL for the free Bluephone, try here;

formatting link

Reply to
Pepperoni

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.