Cordless phone not hanging up Sipura SPA 2000

Just got a Doro 830r DECT cordless phone to go with my SPA 2000. The cordless works fine on the Telstra (Australian Telecom) landline. The Sipura also works fine with a very old Telstra handset, which by the way is the only phone I have tried with the SPA 2000.

When I use the Telstra phone (wired) the status light goes off on hanging up and comes on when I pick up the phone off the hook.

When I connect the cordless instead, the status light stays on, whether I pick up the phone or not. The first time that I press the talk button, I can get a dial tone and call out, however when I hang up by pressing the talk button again, the call does not hang up.

Can I set something on the Sipura to make it recognize the hangup from the cordless?

The manual for the DORO 830R is available at

formatting link
under Customer support.

Thanks for your help.

Reply to
npne
Loading thread data ...

What have you got the impedance of the FXS ports in the SPA-2000 set to..? I don't know what the standard is in Australia, but here in the UK it's

270+750||150nF while the default setting on the Sipura is the US standard of 600 ohms. Try changing that setting (it's on the regional tab) to your local standard (your telco should be able to tell you what it is) and see if that makes a difference.

If not, it may be a fault with your cordless phone.

Ivor

Reply to
Ivor Jones

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 15:34:16 -0000, "Ivor Jones" put finger to keyboard and composed:

formatting link
"In 1993 Austel started insisting that subscriber equipment should present a complex impedance to the local loop instead of the former purely resistive 600 Ohm impedance. The complex impedance is called "TN12" and consists of 220 Ohms in series with a parallel combination of 820 Ohms and 120 nanofarads."

- Franc Zabkar

Reply to
Franc Zabkar

Have set the impedance of the SPA 2000 fxs port to 220+820||120nF but that didn't fix the problem.

The problem seems to lie in the coil resistance, as soon as I plug in the cable of the cordless, the SPA detects off hook condition. As the ring and tip current is DC, I wouldn't have thought impedance would make a difference.

Reply to
npne

Sounds like a phone fault then. Try another cordless phone if you can.

Ivor

Reply to
Ivor Jones

On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 10:34:02 GMT, npne put finger to keyboard and composed:

With all phones/faxes/modems disconnected, measure the voltage between tip and ring at the wall socket. After connecting the cordless phone, this voltage (~52VDC) should not drop appreciably, if at all. If you now take the phone offhook, this voltage should drop to around 20V.

- Franc Zabkar

Reply to
Franc Zabkar

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.