Cisco IP phones - any good ?

Hi, I'd like to know your opinion on Cisco 7940/7960 IP phones (expecially versus Polycom IP 500/600). How good is the speakerphone ? Is 7940 limited because of only 2 lines and I should just look for 7960 ? Does the phone require "user licence" or is that for a Cisco VOIP server/registrar ? I intend to switch our office to a full IP configuration so if you have any good deals on business class IP phones please to it send me.

Regards,

Gabriel

Reply to
Gabriel
Loading thread data ...

Hi Gabriel,

You may find the Cisco IP Telephony Solution helpful:

formatting link
Sincerely,

Brad Reese BradReese.Com Factory Refurbished Cisco United Kingdom: 44-20-70784294 U.S. Toll Free: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 Fax: 775-254-3558 Website:

formatting link

Reply to
BradReeseCom

How usable are the cisco phones on non-cisco PBX setups like asterix?

Reply to
wkearney99

Hi,

I did the mistake of buying a secondhand 7960. It looks like I'm going to try and use it on SCCP as SIP firmware are just not available. I called CISCO an a tech representative said I'm on my own since they do not support off warranty items.

Gabriel

Reply to
Gabriel

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.