Cisco IP Phone 7912 and Custom Ring Sounds

Hello,

I want to be able to add custom ring sounds for users of our Cisco IP Phone model 7912 series.

I created a sound within the specifications of the Cisco documentation on this issue, restarted the TFTP server and rebooted the phone, and the custom sound is installed and works fine. However, this caused another sound to disappear from the phone.

By default, the phone has 24 ring types available, from Chrip 1 to Vibe. In the RingList.xml file I entered the custom ring right after Sax 2 and before Vibe. The Vibe ring does not appear on the phone anymore. My custom sound is at the bottom of the list, in slot 24, where Vibe used to be.

Would this have been caused by reaching a memory limit on the phone?

Can I determine the amount of memory available and how much is in use on the phone? Cisco's product specs do not mention this.

Is there a log that I can look at somewhere to see if there was any trouble when the phone copied files from the TFTP server? I looked through a bunch of logs on the call manager, and I saw in the TFTP server log my phone making connection, but it doesn't report any errors.

Regards, Clarence Donath

Reply to
Clarence Donath
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.