Cisco 7912g ip phone and SIP

Hi

Anyone who knows how to recover a lost admin password on a Cisco 7912g ip phone with SIP loaded?

Reply to
Martin Kiefer
Loading thread data ...

What type of system are the SIP phones using? BTS, CCM, Asterisk.

Is there a gkdefault or gk(macaddress) text or cnf file in the tftp directory? You may be able to view the password in that file.

Phil

Reply to
Phil

"Phil" skrev i en meddelelse news: snipped-for-privacy@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...

No idea.

Does the SIP image load a default configuration from a tftp-server like the SCCP image?

Which option on the dhcp server do i need then?

Reply to
Martin Kiefer

Yes. The SIP load looks for 2 different files on the TFTP Server (option 150, DHCP). gkdefault.cfg and gk00019e6a7c49.cfg. The first is the default configuration file that you can use to control all similar configuration to all phones, i.e. phone load. The second file is used to control all other aspects. If you can find the files on the TFTP server, there is usually a way to modify the gkdefault file. From there you can specify a new TFTP Server (CallManager for Example) and the SCCP phone load to grab. The Universal Application Loader will grab the file and load the SCCP image into flash.

If you don't change the default file the SIP Load will always use the config that it has in memory and won't look for SCCP no matted what you have on your DCHP server.

Phil

Reply to
Phil

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.