Configure ATA 186 for use with ALTIGEN system

I have an ALTIGEN 5.0 phone system with IP extensions only. So I want to use the ATA 186 and hook up a fax machine.

I bought an ATA from CISCO and got the H323 image loaded but now i am stuck. I have no clue how to configure the zillion parameters so the altigen system recognizes the device. Altigen support have not been much help.

Has anyone done this ? any help appreciated.

Rodman

Reply to
rodman
Loading thread data ...

I am in the same boat. I don't have the Altigen VoIP card installed yet, but I am gearing up for it. The technician is installing the card tomorrow. I have 2 Cisco ATA 186 boxes ready to configure.

So far I have configured the two boxes with the latest h.323 image (3.1.2) and assigned static IP addresses (for testing). I then went into the config page (http://ww.xx.yy.zz/dev) and set the UID0 field as 4000 on one box, and 4001 on the other. I am able to call the other phone directly using the following syntax: 4001**w*x*y*z# where wxyz represents the ip address.

The next step is to configure the boxes to register with the altigen server as the gatekeeper and gateway.

Hope this helps. Share your experiences too! I am still working on this.

-Brad

------------------------------------- rodman wrote:

##-----------------------------------------------## Article posted with Cabling-Design.com Newsgroup Archive

formatting link
read and post WWW interface to your favorite newsgroup - comp.dcom.voice-over-ip - 3998 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
Brad

I am in the same boat. I don't have the Altigen VoIP card installed

yet, but I am gearing up for it. The technician is installing the card tomorrow. I have 2 Cisco ATA 186 boxes ready to configure.

So far I have configured the two boxes with the latest h.323 image

(3.1.2) and assigned static IP addresses (for testing). I then went into the config page (http://ww.xx.yy.zz/dev) and set the UID0 field as 4000 on

one box, and 4001 on the other. I am able to call the other phone directly using the following syntax: 4001**w*x*y*z# where wxyz represents the

ip address.

The next step is to configure the boxes to register with the altigen server as the gatekeeper and gateway.

Hope this helps. Share your experiences too! I am still working on

this.

-Brad

rodman Wrote:

Reply to
brjsm

I have successfully set up the Altigen VoIP card, and I have 2 altigen

IP phones that can make and receive calls. I have successfully

registered the Cisco ATA 186 with the Altigen system as the gatekeeper.

The Cisco ATA box can make calls to just about anywhere, but it cannot

receive calls from anywhere. I have .cap files from ethereal and log

files from debug mode (cisco's prserv.exe debug tool). If anyone is

interested in this issue, let me know at snipped-for-privacy@realbranding.com

Brad Smith Systems Adm> I am in the same boat. I don't have the Altigen VoIP card installed

Reply to
brjsm

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.